I have done a wide variety of workouts from running to plyometrics to yoga to tai chi. While the exercises are varied, one thing remains the same. I NEED a good bra. I have been given the gift of a larger chest and that means that I cannot go to the store and buy the cheapest bra off the rack. Most times the stores do not even carry my size and if they do carry the size the fit it terrible. Maybe you are like me and have found these problems with your workout bra:
- They have no support so “The Girls” go everywhere. I don’t know about you but I want to be sore from actually working out not from things flopping around.
- The bra smashes everything together so you have this really awkward shaped uni-boob.
- You have to pull the bra over your head to put it on and it becomes a nightmare to take off when you are all sweaty.
- There is not enough coverage. Having bustling bosom looks great in the magazines but makes no sense when you are in real life because you run the risk of things popping out especially if you are doing something like mountain climbers.
Needless to say, it has been difficult to find a bra that doesn’t fall into one of those categories. A few years ago, I was able to find a bra that fits my criteria and lasts for years. It is the Moving Comfort Fiona sports bra. This bra is very reasonably priced and I have owned a few for several years. Here is what I like about the bra.
- Very reasonably priced especially if you have a larger chest. I have bought this bra for $38 at my local running store.
- It goes to a size 40DD.
- It has snaps like a regular bra.
- It is full coverage and doesn’t make you look mis-shaped.
- It has velcro strap adjustments on the front of the bra for easy sizing. The velcro is easy to take off but it does not fall off when you are exercising.
- Has enough support for high impact activities like jumping or running.
At this time, this is the only bra I like to use for working out. My oldest bra is several years old and I am just at the point where I can retire it. I usually get my bra’s one size smaller than normal for extra support and that has never caused any issues. I exercise at least 3-4 days a week sometimes more depending on events I may be training for. Even with that much use I only rotate 4 different bras so they are very durable.
Next time you are looking at getting a new bra I would suggest you give this one a try. Even if you don’t use this to work out you can use it for water sports like jet skiing or kayaking. Visit our store to purchase yours today.